A worker was doing his job on an elevated billboard platform when he was electrocuted after contacting an overhead power line with a metal pole. Electricity entered the worker’s hand and exited his spine causing serious burn and orthopedic injuries…Medical treatment was able to save the worker’s arm from amputation, though significant internal damage to his arm and back prevented him from ever working construction again. The company responsible for the incident denied liability and was sued. The case settled within an hour after the president of the company’s deposition was taken in which he was forced to admit corporate fault. The settlement provided enough money for the worker to take care of his family and replace his loss of future income.