In serving our clients we work hard to stay abreast of emerging medical treatments and breakthroughs. We consider that a necessity and an absolute responsibility to those we represent. We also follow and support outstanding injury-related associations and support groups. Connecting our clients to the information, services, and resources offered by these organizations is an important part of what we do.
We gladly share the following list to assist you and your family as you confront and overcome whatever may be your injury challenge. We will be right there with you every step of the way.
Associations and Organizations
1) Burn Institute, www.burninstitute.org
Involved in fire and burn prevention education, burn survivor support programs, the funding of burn care research and treatment.
2) Texas Burn Survivors Social (TBSS), www.texasburnsurvivors.org
Provides essential services to the critically burned and their families. Provides a cost free camp experience designed specifically for children pediatric burn survivor aged 7-16.
3) Children’s Burn Foundation, www.childburn.org
Provides recovery support for child burn survivors addressing not only physical needs, but their psychological, emotional, and social recovery needs. Also provides fine safety and prevention education programs.
4) Phoenix Society, www.phoenix-society.org
A preeminent voice for burn survivors for nearly 20 years. Offers extensive resources and programing information for burn survivors of all ages.
5) American Burn Association, www.americanburn.org
Activities involve stimulating research in the methods of treating burn injuries and fostering prevention efforts. Key endeavors include providing continuing education, annual scientific meetings, and scientific publications. Provides extensive burn survivor resources.
6) The Wise Foundation, www.thewisefoundation.com
Mission is to provide meaningful resources to burn survivors and survivor support systems to see every burn survivor live life to the fullest without limitations, fear or insecurity. Publishes new video and blog content every month for burn survivors.
1) A Struggle Within: The True Story of a Burn Survivor, Lee Lucas (2016).
2) Reason for Living: A Burn Survivor’s Story of Hope and Rebirth, George Pessotti (2005).
3) Everything to Live For: The Inspirational Story of Turia Pitt, Turia Pitt (2013).
4) Severe Burns: A Family Guide to Medical and Emotional Recovery, Andrew M. Munster, M.D. (1993).